Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lesson 3 pt 1

Lesson 3 Here's where I get to see where I'm wrong.

I listened to the Animation Podcast's interview with James Baxter today and he told a story about working on Roger Rabbit that was fitting to this lesson. It's amazing to think about how accurate animators have to be.

"she was really good but very very demanding, like really demanding, in terms of accuracy. She would like get out her little ruler and measure things. even on like far apart drawings she would like measure the buttons on the weasels coat and say this one's three millimeters and this ones four and lets see what your one is" - James Baxter

It's been a good exercise to really look at the proportions and measure them in this way. It makes me more aware of the way I'm looking at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment