Saturday, July 23, 2011
Monday, July 18, 2011
For class this week I printed out the five templates that I created in Illustrator with their mirror images on the backs, cut them out so each one was separate and maneuverable, and slid whichever seemed most appropriate under layout paper at the correct angle for each pose. This way I had a solid structure to leap off of for each drawing. My drawings of Mark from last spring here.
5 min poses
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Sunday, July 10, 2011
It's not quite right yet but it's getting better.
Doing lots of google image and youtube searches for skull and facial muscle references. I like the accuracy goal of the facial reconstruction material. Two places I thought were neat - Elizabeth Daynes, Z brush workshop
Sunday, July 3, 2011
Studying real faces in order to strengthen the design of my general model. I'm trying to figure out what I'm looking at and how to describe it through diagraming.
I got these photos here. The diagrams are traced directly over, not freehanded.
I started out really rigid, trying to keep the lines as straight as possible
then got more organic
got too complex around the mouth area.
Started looking up lighting to better understand what it's showing me. Found the front view of Lincoln's head with frontal lighting on James Gurney's blog he has a bunch of posts on portrait lighting.